CySA+ is the most up-to-date security analyst certification that covers advanced persistent threats in a post-2014 cybersecurity environment. The behavioural analytics skills covered by the CompTIA CySA+ certification identify and combat malware and advanced persistent threats (APTs).
This results in better threat visibility across a broad attack surface by focusing on network behaviour, including an organization's interior network.
- Assess information security risks in computing and network environments.
- Analyze reconnaissance threats to computing and network environments.
- Analyze attacks on computing and network environments.
- Analyze post-attack techniques on computing and network environments.
- Implement a vulnerability management program.
- Collect cybersecurity intelligence.
- Analyze data collected from security and event logs.
- Perform active analysis on assets and networks.
- Respond to cybersecurity incidents.
- Investigate cybersecurity incidents.
- Address security issues with the organization's technology architecture.
Below are the course content outlines; please contact us if you have any questions.
Threat and Vulnerability Management
- Explain the importance of threat data and intelligence.
- Given a scenario, utilize threat intelligence to support organizational security.
- Given a scenario, perform vulnerability management activities
- Given a scenario, analyze the output from common vulnerability assessment tools.
- Explain the threats and vulnerabilities associated with specialized technology.
- Explain the threats and vulnerabilities associated with operating in the cloud.
- Given a scenario, implement controls to mitigate attacks and software vulnerabilities.
Software and Systems Security
- Given a scenario, apply security solutions for infrastructure management.
- Explain software assurance best practices.
- Explain hardware assurance best practices.
Security Operations and Monitoring
- Given a scenario, analyze data as part of security monitoring activities.
- Given a scenario, implement configuration changes to existing controls to improve security.
- Explain the importance of proactive threat hunting.
- Compare and contrast automation concepts and technologies.
- Explain the importance of the incident response process.
- Given a scenario, apply the appropriate incident response procedure.
- Given an incident, analyze potential indicators of compromise.
- Given a scenario, utilize basic digital forensics techniques.
Compliance and Assessment
- Understand the importance of data privacy and protection.
- Given a scenario, apply security concepts in support of organizational risk mitigation.
- Explain the importance of frameworks, policies, procedures, and controls.
- There are no prerequisites for this course
- Batch-wise training
- Practical hands-on training with real-time examples