This course is designed to familiarize students with Profibus connections, troubleshooting and a 'hands-on' practical approach to reinforce the theoretical aspects of the training.
- Upon completing this Communication systems course from IIPD, the candidate should be able to perform the following functions at the site,
- Install and troubleshoot Profibus DP Networks
- Install and troubleshoot Profibus I/O, ET200M and ET200S
- Configure a CPU as a DP Master or as an Intelligent DP Slave
- Integrate different diagnostic software blocks into an existing program
- Configure and troubleshoot S7 connections
- Configure and troubleshoot Send/Receive connections
Check out the following information & Course outlines on Siemens Profibus:
Introduction to Profibus:
- Overview of Profibus and its applications.
- Comparison with other industrial communication protocols.
- Understanding the Profibus network architecture.
- Profibus communication layers (physical, data link, and application).
- Profibus network components (masters, slaves, and repeaters).
- Introduction to Profibus DP (Decentralized Periphery) and Profibus PA (Process Automation).
Profibus Network Configuration:
- Planning and designing a Profibus network.
- Profibus network topologies (line, star, tree, and ring).
- Addressing and device identification.
Profibus Network Installation:
- Guidelines for Profibus network installation.
- Wiring considerations and best practices.
- Power supply requirements.
Profibus Device Integration:
- Configuring Profibus devices (masters and slaves).
- Adding devices to the Profibus network.
- Device parameterization and diagnostics.
- Configuring communication profiles (DPV0, DPV1, DPV2).
- Data exchange between Profibus devices.
- Acyclic communication for configuration and diagnostics.
Profibus Diagnostics and Troubleshooting:
- Profibus diagnostic tools and software.
- Analyzing bus faults and troubleshooting techniques.
- Identifying and resolving common Profibus communication issues.
Profibus DP and Profibus PA Integration:
- Understanding the differences between Profibus DP and Profibus PA.
- Interfacing Profibus DP and Profibus PA segments.
- Configuring DP/PA couplers and link devices.
Profibus Network Commissioning:
- Commissioning and startup procedures for Profibus networks.
- Checking network health and performance.
- Verifying device communication and data exchange.
- Profibus Safety and Redundancy:
- Safety considerations in Profibus networks.
- Implementing Profisafe for safety-related communication.
- Redundancy and fault tolerance in Profibus networks.
Profibus Network Maintenance:
- Profibus network maintenance best practices.
- Periodic checks and preventive measures.
- Updating firmware and software versions.
Advanced Profibus Topics:
- Profibus diagnostics with online analyzers.
- Profibus integration with other communication protocols (e.g., Profinet).
- Profibus troubleshooting case studies.
- Prior experience with programming in Siemens
- Knowledge about Automation Systems
- Basic understanding of networks and Fieldbus systems
- Engr/Technician Level candidates
- One to One â€“ Hands-on sessions
- On-Line Sessions(Batch)