Unlocking the Potential of Logistics and Supply Chain Management
At IIPD Global, we recognize the pivotal role of logistics and supply chain management in today's dynamic business environment. Our comprehensive course on International Total Logistics Management is designed to empower participants with the knowledge and skills needed to excel in the complex world of logistics.
Our course aims to achieve several critical objectives, including:
1. Comprehensive Understanding of Logistics
Participants will delve deep into logistics, encompassing its meaning, core concepts, and the latest trends. This knowledge provides a solid foundation for navigating the intricate world of logistics.
2. Logistics in Supply Chain Management
We emphasize the vital role of logistics in the broader context of supply chain management. Participants will gain insights into how logistics acts as a linchpin in ensuring the smooth flow of goods and information.
3. Implementation of Logistics Management Systems
Our course equips participants with the skills to implement Logistics Management Systems within their organizations. This includes understanding the tools and technologies that streamline logistics processes.
4. Global Logistics Perspective
In today's interconnected world, a global perspective is essential. Our course expands participants' managerial focus to encompass a global view of logistics and supply chain operations.
5. The Role of 3PL
Participants will learn about third-party logistics (3PL) providers and how to leverage their services for maximum benefit. Understanding the strategic partnership between organizations and 3PL providers is a key aspect of modern logistics.
6. Reverse Logistics Importance
Reverse logistics is an emerging area with substantial implications for sustainability. Our course explores the importance of efficiently managing product returns and the associated challenges and opportunities.
The course spans five comprehensive days, allowing participants ample time to immerse themselves in the world of logistics and supply chain management.
Who Should Attend?
Our International Total Logistics Management course is tailored to benefit a wide range of professionals, including:
- Team Leaders
- Professionals in Logistics, Warehousing, and Transportation
- Those in the Production and Supply Chain
- Purchasing and Importation Planning Sectors
Whether you are an experienced logistics professional or just beginning your journey in this field, our course offers valuable insights and practical knowledge to enhance your career.
Our course covers a diverse range of modules to ensure participants gain a well-rounded understanding of logistics and supply chain management. Some key modules include:
1. Logistics and Supply Chain Overview
- Supply Chain and Logistics Management Definition
- Relation between supply chain and modern business
- Integration of supply chain management
- The importance of leveraging technology
2. Forecasting and Demand Planning
- Importance of forecasting in supply chain
- Types and methods of forecasting
- Sources of demand
- Different techniques of planning
- Strategic & tactical planning
- Planning from different supply chain perspectives
- The firm processes incoming orders
- Customer service management and its linkage with logistics processes
3. Logistics and Information Technology:
- The importance of effective and efficient utilization of information for logistics
- General types of information systems and their logistical applications
- The impact of electronic commerce on channel design
- Key differences between the logistics of e-fulfillment and the logistics of traditional fulfillment
4. Production Management
- Production organization and Engineering role
- Calculation of productivity, efficiency, utilization, and effectiveness
- Planning the production, Capacity, and Time
- Methods of production improvement.
- Quality techniques (lean, Six Sigma & TOC)
- Quality Control and Quality Assurance
- Total Quality Management
- Main production processes
- Problem-solving and Quality improvement processes in production
5. Inventory Control and Costing
- Inventory impacts in financial statements
- Inventory categories, types, levels & ways of handling
- EOQ & ABC analysis
- Inventory costs and stock-out cost
- Inventory calculation of financial valuation
- Techniques for controlling the inventory
- inventory flow patterns
6. Distribution, Warehousing and Materials Handling
- Types of warehouse Layouts
- Techniques of Materials Handling
- Warehouse Responsibilities and Jobs
- Receiving, Inspection, and Issuing processes & procedures
- Forms are used in transferring the material between warehouses
- Warehouse capacity planning and organizing
- Space utilization
- Material handling techniques and methods
- Protective Packaging and Materials Handling
- Free trade zones
7. Logistics Management
- Modes and Means of Transport
- The linkage between warehousing distribution centers and logistics
- IoT (Internet of Things) and Artificial Intelligence in Logistics
- The main logistics activities
- Freight forwarder's roles and Party logistics grades (PLs)
- The main criteria of selection transportation modes are “Land, Air and Sea”
- Maritime logistics and roles of freight consolidation and breaking bulks
- Logistics document types & importance
- Exports and Imports process
- International commercial terms (INCO terms)
- Container types & numbering
- Management of Private and public carrier
- Logistics risks and freight negotiation
- Reverse logistics process
Our course offers an immersive journey through the intricacies of logistics and supply chain management. Join us at IIPD Global to unlock your potential in this dynamic field and stay ahead in the world of logistics.