Our course covers incident response methods aligned with industry frameworks like US-CERT's NCISP and Presidential Policy Directive 41 on Cyber Incident Coordination Policy.
Ideal for candidates managing compliance with state legislation, this course introduces procedures to comply with legislative requirements regarding incident response.
It is ideal for candidates tasked with managing compliance with state legislation and other regulatory requirements regarding incident response, and for executing standardized responses to such incidents. The course introduces procedures and resources to comply with legislative requirements regarding incident response.
This course is designed to assist students in preparing for the CertNexus Incident Responder Credential. What you learn and practice in this course can be a significant part of your preparation.
In this course, you will understand, assess, and respond to security threats and operate a system and network security analysis platform.
- Explain the importance of best practices in preparation for incident response
- Given a scenario, execute the incident response process
- Explain general mitigation methods and devices.
- Assess and comply with current incident response requirements.
Below is the course content, which includes a detailed outline of topics and materials covered in the course. Explore and enhance your knowledge!
Lesson 1: Assessment of Information Security Risks
Topic A: The Importance of Risk Management
Topic B: Integrating Documentation into Risk Management
Lesson 2: Response to Cybersecurity Incidents
Topic A: Deployment of Incident Handling and Response Architecture
Topic B: Containment and Mitigation of Incidents
Topic C: Preparation for Forensic Investigation as a CSIRT
Lesson 3: Investigating Cybersecurity Incidents
Topic A: Use a Forensic Investigation Plan
Topic B: Securely Collect and Analyze Electronic Evidence
Topic C: Follow Up on the Results of an Investigation
Lesson 4: Complying with Legislation
- Examples of Legislation are GDPR, HIPPA, Elections
- Case study: Incident Response and GDPR (Using GDPR legislation, create a compliant response. This could be a discussion-based activity as well.)
- State Legislation Resources and Example Search terms to find state legislation
- Using NYS as an example, use the NYS Privacy Response act or other legislation to create a similar case study as previous one.
General understanding of cybersecurity concerns.
- Batch-wise training
- Practical hands-on training with real-time examples